Monday 24 August 2015

OJB Jezreel, Banky W At War Over Wizkid

A war may be brewing between two big bosses in the music industry over Star boy Wizkid. 

Why the fight many will ask? To music enthusiasts Wizkid was discovered by EME Record boss, Banky W. But ace music producer, OJB Jezreel has said contrary to reports that Banky W discovered Wizkid, he (OJB) was the brains behind the discovery.
OJB Jezreel said this in a recent chat ahead of his 50th birthday coming soon.

He said: “To set the records, I discovered Wizkid’s talent. We basically started his career and I remember when we had to push Wizkid around and take him for shows but nobody was ready to allow him to perform because they were not ‘feeling’ him at that point in time. When he had the chance and said he wanted to move on and try other things, we were behind him then too. If we did not discover him, he would not have been with us. I was the first person to go to his family house to tell them that it would be a nice idea if they allowed him to go into music. We have been there from day one but not everybody knows this story, we don’t just make noise about it. It is not Banky W that discovered him, I did. I would soon be 50 years old and I think it would be funny if I start blowing my trumpet.”
Wizkid floated his own label, Starboy Entertainment in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment