Friday 20 November 2015

Photo : Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos

Detectives attached to the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two brothers for using their mother’s car to rob unsuspecting ladies on Lagos Island.
brothers-600x349
According to the state Commissioner Police, Fatai Owoseni, the brothers, Ikenna Onunkwo (28) and Chinedu Onukwo (23), every morning use to dress up and leave their home as if they are going to the office.
Nobody knew they used to go out each morning to rob. It was gathered that in the evening, after office hours, the brothers, still using their mother’s Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), would offer to give female passengers at bus stops lift. They would later rob them of their valuables before pushing them out of the car.
He said: “Luck ran out on the two brothers after robbing a lady on November 13, on their way from Lagos Island. The lady was able to get the registration number of the vehicle. “She reported the incident to the Bar Beach Police Station.
He said: “My brother and I studied at the Pan American University in Cotonou. I went to school to defend my project only for me to receive a phone call from my younger sister in Nigeria that my mother and brother had been arrested for using her jeep to rob.
I was urged to return home and come to the police station or my mum would remain in police custody. “I rushed down to Nigeria and went straight to the station, only for two ladies to appear and pointed at me and my brother.
They claimed that we were two men that robbed them of their valuables. We were wrongly accused. We don’t know anything about this crime. My brother and I are innocent.”
Recalling how he was arrested, Chinedu said: “Some detectives came to our house to say that my elder brother was involved in armed robbery. My mother and I were taken to their station.
“When my mother and I got to the station, the ladies who identified my brother as the person who robbed them also accused me of being among the robbers. I denied ever being involved in any robbery operation.
The vehicle actually belongs to my mother. I don’t drive the jeep. It’s only my elder brother who drives the car.” Owoseni said the suspects would be charged after investigation.
He added: “The general public should learn how to report any complaint to the nearest police station. People should stop reporting crime on the Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment