Friday 15 August 2014

‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ Daughter: ‘It’s As If My Favorite Teacher Died’


.
Mara Wilson, the young actress who played Robin Williams’ adorable daughter in “Mrs. Doubtfire,” has broken her silence about the actor’s suicide.
Now 27 years-old, Wilson took to her blog to share some thoughts on Williams, saying “it’s as if my favorite teacher died.”
From her personal blog:
 Mara Wilson

 Everybody grieves in their own way. When I heard about Robin’s death, I was shocked, confused angry, regretful, and above all, sad. All I wanted was talk to my family and friends and cry. A few news outlets asked if I would be willing to talk about him on the air, and while I usually like interviews, I knew I wasn’t in a good place to do that. I still (a whole three days later) don’t want to do any. It’s too soon, and I need my own time to process it all. I will, however, be sharing some of my memories about him on this blog sometime soon.
While Robin and I had not talked in a few years, there is no question he had a great impact on my life. He was as warm and talented as everyone says, and a joy to be around. It’s as if my favorite teacher died.
More to come later.
Wilson was one of the first collaborators to respond to the news on Monday, writing on Twitter: “Very sad, very upset…probably going to take some time off for a while.”
Williams, who killed himself at his San Francisco home, was in the early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, his wife revealed on Thursday and was also suffering from depression.
Funeral arrangements for the actor, 63, are expected to be announced soon.

Credit- Yahoo news

No comments:

Post a Comment